• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel line disconnect tool....whats it look like?

Jip

NAXJA Forum User
What does the fuel line disconnect tool look like? I went to the parts store and they've got a few different ones, but they've got 2 assorted packs of plastic ones.

One pack has relatively flat round ones with a small lip. The other pack has larger round ones with a spring built inton them for clamping around the line.

Which of these assorted size packs do I get?

For what its worth I'm swapping the header on my '96, so I need the right tool for the fuel line going to the rail.

Thanks!

Does your clips look like these?
100_3154.jpg

If so, just use some pliers to pinch the sides like so.
100_3155.jpg

If they are not like the above ones, you need the fuel line disco tool like shown.
7881.jpg

Well mine don't look like the ones in the pic..........but what size line do I have? I guess I'll have to measure and make another trip to the parts store.

But from the first two replies I'm seeing two different tools....do both work the same?

Jip said:
Well mine don't look like the ones in the pic..........but what size line do I have? I guess I'll have to measure and make another trip to the parts store.

But from the first two replies I'm seeing two different tools....do both work the same?

Yes. Mine are 3/8" and 5/16". Don't recall the metric conversion for those. Mines a 91, but should be the same.

I'll run by the parts store tomorrow and have another gander at what they have.........I can always return what I don't need.

Back