• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats up with Mopar Value Line Brake Pads?

jtszymano

NAXJA Forum User
I rec'd this coupon from the dealer that knocks down the price of new rotors/pads and labor by about $200...I about fell outta my chair and said see you soon...to the service guy right when I called.
Thinking it was too good to be true, I called another dealer and they said that the Value Line is not as good(loud and not as durable etc...)

Then, Icalled the first guy again and pitched it to him about the lower quality and he mentions that there really is no difference...

I vowed to not do this self service stuff any more so I was going to take it in and it seemed like $270 parts/labor was sounding like a pretty good deal. Any info appreciated!!
Jeremy

honestly, i think its a rip off. but thats coming from a guy on a very tight, penny pinching budget.

for me, pads and rotors are one of the easiest repair/replacement jobs to do on my Jeep. pretty darn cheap too.

i know you vowed not do do self service any more, but i see a HUGE advantage to doing it ones self. but then again i have done a repair job that the shop wanted $400 for with all new parts for just $106 in just two afternoons. but like i said, current economic situations may differ for everyone

edit: if you need help doing the fix yourself, im sure there are others in your area that would be happy to lend a hand.

Where in L.A. are you? I'll come up and do it for that price. :)

Ha ha ha. I dont know I guess 270 just sounded way way better than the 470 they first quoted.

Johnny...nice try bro! Whats your warranty on that??...ha ha. Maybe we can work something out....I live in Aliso Viejo...

Ive done a lot of work on the jeep(lots of suspension work) and had some really difficult/sticky situations at times. I just dont want to be in those anymore BUT you guys make it sound pretty easy...
Later
JS

Back