• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no spark

delverde

NAXJA Forum User
88 xj 4x4/ 4.0
Not getting any spark changed coil with the ing. module changed cps at the flywheel Changed cap and rotor changed crank sensor at pick up coil
new wires and plugs took at plug hooked to plug wire grounded to block had wife crank no spark!!!!! Also changed the tps . Here is a list of parts changed in the last month starter, fuel pump, and filter ,all new fuel injectors from dealer fuel pressure regulator,new battery, and now im broke.

Last edited:
continued from no spark here is a list of new parts changed in the the last month: New starter , battery , Tps , Cps , cap , rotor , sensor under the rotor , All new fuel injectors from the factory and fuel pressure regulator fuel filter , plugs and wires , ing.module with coil , water pump , that all i can think of for now

Did it get spark before you threw the first part at it? You didn't put in a CPS (Crank Position Sensor) and that controls spark. Take the connector off and clean it and put it back on, Somtimes thats enough to get it to work temporaraly. I am guessing you need a new CPS though. Its at 11:00 on the Tranny Bellhousing, easiest way to get to it is to lower the tranny/tc at the cross member with a floor jack and have a long extension or two and a swivel to reach up and take off the CPS. The wire running to it goes up behind your motor, you will see the connection. Take the top nut off first, that way it wont fall into the tranny. same when you put the new one on. put the bottom nut on first that way it wont fall into the tranny. Its early I hope this helps and is clear enough to follow.... good luck

Check the large yellow wire at the igniton module, for battery voltage with the key in the run possition. The splices and/or connectors on this circuit have been known to oxidize. Ignition swithces do go bad and have a whole bunch of seperate contacts in them.
Check the wires from the CPS plug to the CPU plug, for resistance or open. I've had those wires, have really high resistance before and have had them actually fatigue and break *under* (can't be seen) the insulation, at the first bend by the back of the injector harness. Alldata isn't that expensive and is good at breaking down the wiring into sub systems, though navigating the wiring diagrams takes some time to get used to. They also do a pretty good job of explaining the sensors and the tests for each.

Back