• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake...

maine96xj

NAXJA Forum User
i decided to take a look at my brakes today and i got into soem stuff i didnt want to have too. i take off the drums and find the driver side rear brake hasnt even been doiing anyhting. the inside of drum is all oxidized(woulda been smooth is it was working) so i look at the lines and the metal line from the splitter to the wheel cylinder is completly crushed!! some moron previous owner must have pulled from the axle..its not leaking but obviosly not flowing. so i was wondering if anyone knew where to get the best deal on drums, shoes, hardware kit, and that one line

You should be able to get some new steel line from a parts house and bend it yourself. Check around for price, but they should all be about the same more or less. You can get all your brake stuff (hardware kit, shoes, drums) from the same place. If you want least expensive try either Autozone or Checker/Schuck's/Kragen(don't know what they are called where you live). You can borrow a tube bender from Autozone for no cost. The others will charge you a small fee. Hope this helps.

Back