• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6" lift problems

derekino

NAXJA Forum User
I just got an xj and have been thinking about putting a 6" rusty's lift on it to fit 35's on. How much of a problem will that cause? Rear driveline? steering?

6" with 35's is gonna need some trimming. Steering will be a major issue if you wheel the thing, if it's a street jeep then it'll be fine. But for flex you need as much travel out of the steering as possible, which means heims and tubing. Find a local fabricator unless you have a 220v welder and have some skills.

i'm at 6.5 inches of lift and 35s... the center of gravity is way low and great. the inverted y steering setup pretty much blows at this hieght though.. i've already flipped my tracbar mount and tried to help the steering but alas... it shall not live for long. i use the Currie HD setup too... and it likes to hit the steering stabilizer bolt on the axle end. you'll need to do some custom bump stopping too. trimming is also a requirement.

I am running on 6.5" Rusty w/ Teraflex 1.5 shackles and 35" tires. Steering was a problem until I replaced the pitman arm the more deeper from Skyjacker. It is much better and also you will need SYE and driveshaft. Good luck

6.jpg

Back