• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

source for cps...

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
Napa lists like four for my '98 4.0, any manufacturer, p/n, source, oem/dealer?

Napa cheapest is like $60.

Thanks...

I usually get them at the dealer, $38 for the one mine uses.

When I got a new one for my '96, I got one from NAPA. The sensor was okay, but the connector was wrong. It would not mate with the harness. So I took it back. Yes, they actually took it back. It helps when you're a regular customer and they know you by name. Ended up getting it from the dealer. They looked up my VIN and found that my harness connector was a "special". They probably started putting '97 harnesses on the '96's or something like that. Any way, be careful, most auto parts stores won't let you return electrical items.

With my discount at my dealer paid $85ish, didn't bother shopping around, he had one in stock ('98). Can't understand that NAPA's prices ranged from 60ish to 100ish, didn't bother with AutoHome, PepPills Boys, etc...

Btw, along the lines of Yucca-Man, removal of front drive shaft (which I had out at the moment anyway) made very quick work of what I thought was going to be a nightmare job. Front tire ramps required, too. Didn't need to drop tranny crossbrace, I have small hands.

Two 12" extensions, 11mm socket (6 point worked fine) and a universal joint did the job.

btw, where's my avatar?!? :firedevil

Thanks, future reference...

Back