• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear center seat belt

Eagle-Mark

NAXJA Forum User
Can you guys help me with a question? Does the XJ have a center rear seat belt? I'm looking for just a lap belt to use on my 06 TJ and thought this may work with origanal latch.

Maybe a ZJ?

belt length is 44.5" from end to end or 41.5" from stictching to stitching.

Modification will be needed, as the existing brackets double as the ends to the adjacent belts.

From my '96

Last edited:
Is it legal to use just the lap belt? I know that cars that were made with them you can have them. Thats all that is in my 65 fairlane.

Oliver93XJ said:
Is it legal to use just the lap belt? I know that cars that were made with them you can have them. Thats all that is in my 65 fairlane.
Lap belt just for off roading, stock three point for street. Both to share stock receiver.

Oliver93XJ said:
its legal for vehicles that came like that from factory. a new jeep within the last 15-20 years came with lap and shoulder (at least up front) so it wouldnt pass inspection if you were planning to register it.

I think it's a stupid idea, but a late model XJ middle belt would work much better. The mounts are much thinner, and you could easily cutoff the buckle that is integrated into the middle belt mount.

lilredwagn said:
belt length is 44.5" from end to end or 41.5" from stictching to stitching.

Modification will be needed, as the existing brackets double as the ends to the adjacent belts.

From my '96

http://imageshack.us
Thanks for all your help. I owe ya one. But that is the wrong buckle/belt to match to my 06 Rubicon.

As Markos said I think I need a later one. From my investagation it looks like 2001 up should be the same belt.

Back