• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head lights no work

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Got a problem my head lights are not working tail lights come on, but head lights wont neither will signals, < they come on in the back but dont flash? fuse's are good what else might be wrong?

It's probably the turn signal switch. That went out on me once too. You may find some melted connections if you take it apart. If that looks ok try the headlight switch. Same deal, look for melted connections. There is a trick to removing the switch. You need to reach up under the dash & push a button under the switch as you pull the knob. Then you can unscrew the collar where the knob came of remove the switch. Small hands are beneficial for this task.

I've had the same problem twice in six years, melted headlamp switch. I have started experimenting by running my instrument panel lights a little brighter just in case the higher resistance for dimming is creating too much heat in the switch.

the headlight harness connects near the airbox. Start with that connection and make sure it is clean and connected well before you start tearing into the dash and steering column.

i've had the headlight switch get stuck between high and low beam before
did same thing just took a good wiggleing to fix it

Back