• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems with oil and coolant and temp

jeepxj2007

NAXJA Forum User
Well a few weeks back the jeep over heated, due to a crack in the pressure bottle, and it lost coolant, so just in case it was thermostat related i replaced it, even though i was 99% sure it was the crack in the bottle that let out a lot of the coolant and started to over heat and boiled and lost more and more, so once i replaced the thermostat it will slowly creep up to 212 the very first time it heats up, then drop to 150 and slowly move up to 210 then back to 150, its a process that never stops, but it never overheats, a week or two i got it stuck good in some mud, ruined the alternator, and i checked the oil level, i had a shop light on it at night, and it had a line through the oil, looking like somethign was seperating it, so i changed the oil, haven't seen it until today, had the flashlight on it and seen it, but when it was outside in the light i couldn't see it, but it wasn't very bright out, it was snowy too, there is no coolant on the oil cap, or oil in the coolant bottle, i figured the first time it got in through the valve cover because the rubber grommets didn't fit tight, but does this sound like a head problem, head gasket, etc....im really starting to panic, please help!

Soundds like you have an air bubble. You need to make sure the coolant bottle is full and run it with the nose pointing up a hill with the heat on.

Back