• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 35

been runnin a 35, 4.10, and locker for 6 years. ( before i knew any better). i installed yukon axle shafts prior to running the 32 " tires though, just for some insurance. i wouldn't throw that much money into a 35 all at once for sure, since you could find a heavier used axle to build up, and either do it all at once or as budget allows. ok, for advice, i would find a stronger axle to build, especially for any type of rock crawling, 8.8, d44, 8.25, 9" to name a few. also, with 32" tires i would recommend 4.56 gears, which will still work ok for 33"s. i have wheeled some pretty rough trails in the midwest, and i keep my 35 alive with a few things in mind,a. no excess on the skinny pedal B. no bouncing if possible.and c. never yell out," hey watch this". follow these recommendations and you may be able to do 90% of the trails you encounter, without breakage. if you just can't stand having someone make a hill, and you can't, then get a Dana 60, 35 spline shafts and go for it. of course, you'll want to run 37" tires with the d-60, that means a stronger front axle also, bigger lift kit, driveshafts, sye,more horsepower,steering components,t-case, the list goes on. oh yeah, figure on about10-15K on parts to do all this! if i had the money, i would......

Back