• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

115V Inverter Welders

The_Pitbull

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at these 115V Inverter Stick/Tig machines and was just wondering if anybody has used one of these before. I've seen some say they run up to 130 amps with Stick. Are these all that much better than the Crapbox 115V AC Stick welders you can buy for $100? I've always used 220V machines at work but only have access to 115V at home. I was thinking the Stick on the Inverter machine would do a better job with 3/16 than a 115V MIG Machine.
http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=2498

Why can you not buy a 230v one for your house. It's as simple as buying a new 50amp breaker and running some 8 or 10 gauge wire. All can be bought at lowes or the local hardware/electrical supply house. 2 conductor with a ground " so " cable works great. Then you can power a 230v welder, plasma or air compressor. Just my 2 cents.

:BUMP:

What do you guys think of the welder/plasma cutter mentioned by 89daytona? Seems like a decent price for a multi-tasker.

I've got wire feed and buzz box welders and just got the Harbor Freight 90A 110v inverter welder. Smaller than a lunch box and it heats beautifully! I love it. A lot of my work is light wt, and this is perfect. I can even run it from a little gen in the field or any house outlet. It's got HF start and a shoulder strap <G>. I wasn't going past 90A with the Lincoln anyway...

It's not very old, so not sure how long it'll last, but making one isn't rocket science, and at $99 on sale, it's already paid for itself...

kewlkatdady said:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539511

I actually read this whole thing today.

Seem like his prices are good and he has some combo plasma cutters and tig, or tig and stick.

Interesting.
I was a little put off by the owners infomercial style but eight months after the initial post and no major product flaming.
May be worth a shot.

Last edited:
kid4lyf said:
Interesting.
I was a little put off by the owners infomercial style but eight months after the initial post and no major product flaming.
May be worth a shot.

x2! "run, don't walk to your phone" got old pretty quick. I'll probably be picking one up as soon as the bills are no longer behind.

Back