• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have Jeep Grown a Jungle Here, or What?

NXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Seriously, what's up with all the wood grain? The seller said something about "Limited Edition", he might just mean the standard Limited, or is this some kind of bling version full of extra plastic and whatnot?

9_1082316678.jpg

:dunno:

someone had that crap installed aftermarket, don't worry it usually falls off on a hot day by itself

Looks like it doesnt even Match

Back in 97 when I bought my 98 model XJ there were a couple of wood grain kits from the factory, they were a mite pricey from what I remember, like around $300 for so...

So, what's the verdict? Is all this stuff just stuck on by a previous owner?

I know it's a Limited, and it doesn't have the fake wood on the sides, so it's definitively no Briarwood.

Are you guys able to tell the model year with a couple of more pics?

Sorry, these are all I have. I'm just crossing my fingers that it's an HO. It certainly is older than 1988.

9_209117021.jpg

9_152034613.jpg

I hope these can reveal anything more.

you Know that its older than 88.... i dont know doesnt look it to me.

maybe someone on here can tell from them, but i would think early to mid 90s. it would be a lot easier to tell an exact year from the rear hatch.

do you have a brake light by the bottom of the wiper arm, on the top of the hatch, or none at all.

actually heres a way to tell. look at your front grill. does it have a metal lip above the grill inserts, or are the plastic ones the only pieces on there. on older jeeps there is a little metal, well, awning above teh plastic grill pieces that retain them.

and your crossing your fingers its NOT a HO? why its a great motor thats easy to work on and last upwards of 250,000 miles

also, look at the engine. if it the antifreeze bottle is up by the hood hinge on the pas. side and it looks like an oval, and there is no radiator cap in sight. its most likely a renix unless the PO upgraded to open system.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant newer than 1988, judging by the 8-slot grill.

I really don't have any more material to present, I'm waiting to hear from the owner. But didn't the seatbelts change at some point, what do these look like?

check for the D44 its the only non symetrical rear axle that the cherokee came with so youll know.

no you cant rule out the HO but it is a possibility

check what i said in the above post and report back

Back