• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is marvel mystery oil being recalled?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Went to walmart today to get some marvel.Went to check out and the lady couldn't ring it up so she called the manager.The manager said that they can't sell it to me because it is being recalled.?

W.T.F???

jeepdeepfreak said:
Went to walmart today to get some marvel.Went to check out and the lady couldn't ring it up so she called the manager.The manager said that they can't sell it to me because it is being recalled.?

I don't know if this is related, but I went to checkout at Walmart with a can of PB Blaster, and they couldn't ring it up. Now, in Philadelphia, they can't sell spray paint to minors. Turns out she had to enter my age onto the screen to complete the checkout because it thought the PB was a "'controled substance" like the spray paint. I wonder if all their chemicals are going that route? I also wonder what would happen if you went through the self checkout lane with that (which I despise anyway because it puts people out of work...).

You peaked my curiosity about MMO being recalled. Did a search and could not find a thing. Called our local "Wally World" and asked them if they were selling it or knew of a recall on it...they still sell it and did not know of any recalls.
I can't imagine why it would be recalled, its been around since I was a kid ( see...you didn't know they used MMO on the Mayflower did 'ya....lol)
I had a valve train prob. in a Pont. BB, three oil changes w/MMO in about a six week period cleared up the prob. and engine ran fine, and MMO smells good too...lol

They probably meant that the stuff wasn't selling fast enough so it was going back to the warehouse (same thing happens at auto parts stores) They changed the part number on us recently and it took a bit to get the right one so I could sell it!

scca28 said:
I also wonder what would happen if you went through the self checkout lane with that (which I despise anyway because it puts people out of work...).
Wait, wait, wait...you despise the self-checkout at Wal-Mart because the self-checkout puts people out of work?? O.M.G....:conceited :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Yucca-Man said:
Wait, wait, wait...you despise the self-checkout at Wal-Mart because the self-checkout puts people out of work?? O.M.G....:conceited :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
werd. i wish walmart would go to all self checkout. i hope they would do that and fire ever checker there. then they could go get a job that actually cares about its employees. as for the ones who wouldn't be able to get a job? oh well, those are the idiots that take 10 years to ring you up anyways.

I think Wal-Mart should sell everything in the world and make it all automated. That way nobody would have to work and we could all just sit around waiting for our Wal-Mart stuff to arrive.

Yucca-Man said:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean the self-checkout at Walmart specifically. I just think there is too much automation in general. Each machine that goes in means another human out the door, and the corp. reaps the benefits...My wife lost a good job this way.

Until the machines start self-replicating and self-maintaining I dont think we as humans have much to worry about.

scca28 said:
I don't know if this is related, but I went to checkout at Walmart with a can of PB Blaster, and they couldn't ring it up. Now, in Philadelphia, they can't sell spray paint to minors. Turns out she had to enter my age onto the screen to complete the checkout because it thought the PB was a "'controled substance" like the spray paint. I wonder if all their chemicals are going that route? I also wonder what would happen if you went through the self checkout lane with that (which I despise anyway because it puts people out of work...).

I just got back from our local Walmart used the self checkout (sorry) when I rang up a pair of pliers it locked up.
Seems you have to show ID to buy tools now.
Even the lady that cleared the register laugh.

73's KG4BET

kg4bet said:
I just got back from our local Walmart used the self checkout (sorry) when I rang up a pair of pliers it locked up.
Seems you have to show ID to buy tools now.
Even the lady that cleared the register laugh.

73's KG4BET
Heh heh, have you ever seen how dangerous a pair of pliers can be in the hands of an untrained operator??? Next you'll have to have a license to purchase a toilet plunger.
Well anyway, at least that kind of stuff guarantees the register lady a job...

01_XJ said:
werd. i wish walmart would go to all self checkout. i hope they would do that and fire ever checker there. then they could go get a job that actually cares about its employees. as for the ones who wouldn't be able to get a job? oh well, those are the idiots that take 10 years to ring you up anyways.

Funny thing is that every study done on self-checkouts shows that it takes longer to do self checkout, but average the customer thinks it's faster and is happier. Probably they have some measure of control over the process instead of standing there while a clerk runs the items through. Personall, I'd rather get out faster instead of deluding myself into thinking it's faster.

If you want to buy some MMO, meet me in the alley at 11PM, come alone.
I checked at the NAPA where I get my "black beauty", they didn't hear anything, I also have an e-ml to my Acct. Rep. at Imperial Supplies, I will dispell this rumor once and for all....lol

scca28 said:
I don't know if this is related, but I went to checkout at Walmart with a can of PB Blaster, and they couldn't ring it up. Now, in Philadelphia, they can't sell spray paint to minors. Turns out she had to enter my age onto the screen to complete the checkout because it thought the PB was a "'controled substance" like the spray paint.

I've been 'carded' at that craphole, for PB Blaster, Carb cleaner,Starting fluid, and even primer spray paint. Everytime the same stupid answer. "people are sniffing it". I looked at the mental ward escapee of a manager one time, while holding a can of carb cleaner, and asked 'Would you mind demonstrating that for me?'

Subject : RE: IMPERIAL SUPPLIES

| | | Inbox

Gary –

Our chemical manager had not heard of that. We sell enough other Marvel product that we called them up on it, and they told us that there was NOT a recall in action against them anywhere that they knew of.

Craig

That was from my Sales Rep. at Imperial Supplies....MMO lives on...lol

Back