• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear door removal

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
My xj has the front door hinge conversion so I can just pop them off , but , here is my question.? I want to remove the rear doors also, just to do a cruise for a local kids hospital, where we give them rides around a very tame trail. I guess i want to know if I just unbolt at the hinge will I be able to bolt them back up again with little to no problem. I dont want to cut the hinges like the front just want this once in a great while.
No:flame: please , yes I did search. Thanx Digger

Go ahead and unbolt them. While your at it, go ahead and replace the torx bolts with hex bolts. This will make it alot easier the next time you want to take the doors off this way.

The only thing that might be problematic is repositioning your doors. I swapped some rear doors once, and it took awhile for me to get the doors to close the way I wanted them to.

Back