• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper endcaps or no endcaps?

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
well today on the way home from school, some lady pulled up next to me at a stoplight and told me my front flare was hanging off. so as i pulled over to fix it, it fell of and went under the wheel. It was loose from getting knocked off so many times. so i got home and took both front flares off. now i am gonna just go ahead and do the back ones. these things keep getting knocked off, so i am tired of messing with them.

the question i got is, whats you guys' opinions? take the endcaps off or not? its gonna look kind of dumb either way until i get decent bumbers, but what do you think for now?

End caps suck I took mine off along time ago. But just take them off if you don't like it put them back on it's all personal opinion.

Just wondering if anyone has a picture of the front bumper without endcaps? My fender flares are already gone. Thanks.

John

johnlv6 said:
Just wondering if anyone has a picture of the front bumper without endcaps? My fender flares are already gone.
Trimmed fenders, no endcaps:

271_7109.jpg

271_7110.jpg

Exactly what i was looking for. Thank you. Have you had any issues with the vacuum bottle being exposed like that? I was thinking about covering it up with black duct tape.

johnlv6 said:
Have you had any issues with the vacuum bottle being exposed like that? I was thinking about covering it up with black duct tape.
I haven't had any problems yet, but after seeing how easy it was to bend the driver's side of the bumper, I'm going to move the vacuum bottle out of harm's way in the near future. Mine's actually only held on by one of the two original screws, and it hasn't been a problem.

no duct tape, that would look terrible, just run it like that, i had the end caps off for a while with no prob, then i moved the vac can into the engine bay, and cut the front bumper to get a better approach angle at each wheel. kinda sucks if i hit a fender though...

take em off, they look stupid.

I don't have any pictures..but i relocated the horns into the engine bay...it looks a little better. If i didn't have cruise control i'd stick the vacuum bottle where the CC servo sits. By the way...i didn't use duct tape :D.

XJBeater said:
I moved my vacuum bottle up under the coolant res. I didnt need to extend anything either. You WILL bend that front bumper.

good to know, cause i'm cutting my bumper when i get back from school.

my bumper held up decently well when i came down off a ledge and into a tree...but it still bent :rolleyes:

Back