• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unknown unplugged wires

negativecreep

NAXJA Forum User
can someone tell me if these are just some sort of diagnostic plugs or if they should really be plugged into something and have just come loose? ive looked around the engine bay and cant seem to find anything unplugged but then again im not really sure what to be looking for. im driving an 89 wagoneer limited w/4.0 I6 and auto tranny. these wires are coming out of the under hood fuse block area. thanks for any help

wire1.jpg

wire2.jpg

I've never seen a car that does not have a few unplugged harnesses sitting under the hood. My jeep has at least 10.. and a few under the dash.

Those wires have a lot of crud built up on them, they haven't been plugged into anything recently, if ever. They could be for some option yours didn't have, who knows.

If the Jeep runs good and everything seems to work properly, don't worry about them wires :D

ah i forgot all about the light. i had it when i forst got my jeep a year and a half ago but removed it cause it refused to retract. as far as cruise control i have it and it works fine so that other wire must not be related to it. im gonna assume its nothing, thanks for the info everyone

Back