• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring ?

vette75406

NAXJA Forum User
is there any reason that i should not use anti-seize between leafs for a lube? Ive got my leafs apart adding a leaf as per rocklizard website for a BB and thought maybe it would help the flex if i used anti-seize between the leafs .

anti-seize the lube?
it may help for the first week or so I'd think, till weather, trail crap and movement took its toll.
If you strap your leafs I don't think that would do much to help, I think the best for flex is the open roller type leaf strap thingy (make any sense at all?) where instead of a strap holding the leafs together its something that keeps them together (side to side) but allows movement between them while they flex up n down.
I am sure someone on here can explain it properly.

I'm sure it will not have any adverse effects... But why not just use grease or old motor oil. Thats what I do after every oil change use a cheap paint brush and paint over the leafs. Hope that helps.
-Steve D.

Back