• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need part number for dana 60 yoke....

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
but for the 1310 joint....

I don't have time to muss around with new driveshafts and stuff, plus, I'd rather have a fuse, now that my t-case is the weak link....

I know dana 60's came with two sizes of yoke, in fact, my axle rebuild kit came with both pinion seals.....

anyone have the part number pleasey?

I believe the 60s came with 1330 or 1350 but not 1310 yokes. You'll probably need to get a conversion ujoint or run 1330s which allow you to run a 1310 driveshaft. The 1330 joint is the same as 1310 on one cross but the other is wider for the D60 yoke.

Beezil, search you dumbarse!! I'll do it for you this time. BillaVista's Dana 60 Bible has the info. 1310 yoke is part number 2-4-3791. The yoke plus slinger number is 2-4-3801X. As for the differences. 1310 has the same cap diameter as the 1330, but the 1330 is longer from end of cap to end of cap. HTH.
Nate

If you actually do have the 1330 yoke, or any other yoke for that matter, just use a conversion joint. It's a little stronger and you don't have to buy more parts.

OneTonXJ said:
If you actually do have the 1330 yoke, or any other yoke for that matter, just use a conversion joint. It's a little stronger and you don't have to buy more parts.

Yes, he does have to buy more parts, he needs to carry trail spares. Anybody else in this crowd gone the Ford Hi-Boy route?

ChiXJeff

Yeah, he needs to buy an extra ujoint, not a yoke. Or would you rather he bought 2 u joints and a yoke and had an inferior part still? I like spending his money too, someone had to talk him into the ultra bling wheels and tires he's running ya know.

What's the ford hi boy route you speak of sir?

Edit: If he was smart, he'd buy a new yoke for his driveshaft and run 13?? and match up to his pinion yoke.

Last edited:
Beezil said:
tim, 60-percent of your body mass consists of horse shit.

How did you come up with 60%?

If you take my body mass.....let's talk weight instead. If you take my body "weight" of 170 lbs and subtract the current weight of my whiskers you have 150 lbs. Now, subtract the weight of my mucho grande muscles of 97.5 lbs. you end up with 52.5 lbs. of nothing but shit. And 52.5 lbs. of shit is only 30.9%. So, you are posting SPOBI by making the above statement. And, it's not Horse shit, it's Mucho ka-ka de Toro.

How much do my whiskers weigh, and what precentage of my whisker contribute to my total body weight?

Hope this helps,

Flowers

OneTonXJ said:
Yeah, he needs to buy an extra ujoint, not a yoke. Or would you rather he bought 2 u joints and a yoke and had an inferior part still? I like spending his money too, someone had to talk him into the ultra bling wheels and tires he's running ya know.

What's the ford hi boy route you speak of sir?

Edit: If he was smart, he'd buy a new yoke for his driveshaft and run 13?? and match up to his pinion yoke.

I thought about running a 1310/1330 combo u-joint a couple of years ago, when an unnamed vendor sent me a driveshaft with a 1330 axle end u-joint, instead of a 1310. He suggested a few ways of addressing the problem, the first was to send me a new driveshaft, the second was to get a conversion u-joint from a Ford Hi-Boy, and a third was to run a 1330 yoke on a Chrysler 8.25. I decided that I didn't want to carry semi-oddball u-joints, and nobody apparently has the 1330 yoke. I got a new driveshaft. To the vendor's credit, I got the new shaft fast.

As a temp measure, maybe do the conversion route, but I wouldn't do it long-term.

ChiXJeff

this thread is confusing me.....

what size joint to I have in my tom woods driveshaft? the same joint that worked on my dana 35 and my scout dana 44???

some one give me more part numbers.....

can I just slide the slip yoke of the end of my driveshaft and replace it with something else?

can I grind the yoke of the slip and do something else?

I need more part numbers!

Measure your driveshaft u-joint for cap diameter and length, then measure the yoke on your 60. Then we can find you a conversion joint to fit. Could be SPOBI, but I bet you have a 1310 driveshaft and a 1330 on your axle, but it could be a 1350 too. Go measure, dammit!
Nate

I'm guessing I have a 1310 joint too....

is there such a thing as a 1310 yoke for a dana 60?

sound silly I know, but just remember, I'm doing this on purpose for the "fuse" aspect.

DAAAAAYYYUUUUUUM Beezil. Thats a hella good link! We could be saving some major coin by building them ourselves. I didn't really see anything for a long travel spline though? Did you?

BTW, the part number I first posted WAS a 1310 yoke for the Dana 60, baldy:D

Back