• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

polishing a turd front D30

flatlandernomore

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ with the 4.0, 8.25 out back, Np231, D30 front, running somewhere around 3.5 inches with blocks in the back with what I think is a small AAL (bought the vehicle with some lift already on it). The previous owners did some trimming and fit 32X11.5s on what may be one of those Old Man Emu budget lifts. I have since added the blocks in the back and some spacers in the front to give some flex clearance. My Dana 30 has original (bent to shit) UCAs and aftermarket lowers. I have everything disconnected in front and am at the point where I will have to take the whole axle off and take it somewhere to get it trussed and the passenger side UCA rewelded and braced as well as have new ball joints and probably U-joint crosses replaced too. The Jeep has seen some abuse as you can imagine and I still want to go higher in the future but budget issues force me to look at making the Dana 30 streetable for the near future. For what its going to cost me to fix the D30, should I just find a D44 and have someone help me get it in there? I know people with welders and some fab experience but for time and budget's sake I dont know if it is worth it to investigate putting a D44 in rather than just polishing the turd as you guys like to say.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

arena1_209.jpg

WWW.TNTCUSTOMS.COM

p91977_image_large.jpg

superior gears

Back