• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am searching/mix and match

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i am fairly certain this has been covered before...and i am searching however i am not having much luck...so heres the question..i am looking for a comprehensive list of stock jeep (TJ,XJ,ZJ) coil spring heights, preferably uncompressed...

heres why, i

recently aquired a set of 4 TJ 4inch lift coils (for dirt cheap)...i also have a stock set of TJ coils laying around...
my xj is sitting on a rustys 3inch kit..w/ a BB on top of it..
my girlfreinds ZJ is in need of some lift..

i am trying to figure out what will happen if i swap the TJ 4inch front lift springs into my XJ and then swap the Rusty 3inch fronts into the zj...or what kinda lift i should expect in the zj from the 4inch tj springs...

namely it seems like we XJ people tend to shy away from using TJ lift springs, any specific reason why? how do TJ springs measure up in the stock class..

i know stupid question...gotta build em somehow though and dirt cheap is the best way right...i'd rather ask the question than get in the garage and end up shorting myself 8 hours doing a useless install..

so wheres that list..someone here has it..

thanks...

Grifter..

oh yea flame away..

Im not sure on heights, but from what I have gathered, a TJ spring may sit about 1" lower than an XJ spring. V8 ZJ springs usually set about 1" higher than an XJ spring. So a TJ spring, may be 2" lower than a V8 ZJ spring. Is your womans ZJ a V8 or 4.0L?

The heights(estimates) are with the springs installed.

shes got the 5.2 liter v8 so her springs would sit higher....so the four inch tj lift would net her two inches in theory...i like that sounds good to me...guess we'll have to find out..hmmm now i need some tires..

thanks.

Grifter

Back