• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AWshifting pushbutton and paddleshifters are finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
Finally the shifter setup I've wanted for the last 2 years is ready.
www.AWshifting.com
starting at $130
(please direct all questions by email not PM, [email protected] )

Paddleshifting
paddlethumb.jpg

Joystick
joystickthumb.jpg

Pushbutton
dualbuttonthumb.jpg

Rocker switch
rocker1thumb.jpg

And easily adaptable to thousands of other buttons, switches...

Super-bling paddles
ShrifterSport.jpg

and steering wheels
momo.jpg

Get all the details at www.AWshifting.com
email any questions to [email protected]

Your site seems to be missing some files under the "shifter" section.
Also, can the paddle work with grant wheels?
1934618dtop.jpg

Last edited:
It looks good to me, but stuff may be cached in my system. What does it look like? Thanks, by the way, I just changed everything in the last few days and I am NOT a web-designer.

The bling paddles made by Twist Machine will work well with your Grant wheel, but unfortuneately the cheaper one will require modification to work well with just about any vehicle. It is something I've sourced from another company, but I'm going to be working on making something better and hopefully cheaper myself.

Site works great for me. What do you mean by modification to get the paddles to work well? Does it just not fit right?

I mean that the cheaper set of paddles are in no way designed to mount in an XJ. They are narrower than you would probably want and offer no means of mounting to the column or wheel. However it's a nicely built unit and can be easily split in the middle and mounted seperately. Like I said, I'm going to work on getting something a little easier together, but I figured I might as well put up that alternative to the $600 Twist Machine paddles.

Ok, I understand now. Ill wait for something that mounts to the wheel, although I do really like the bump stick. You are giving me too many options :)

All the choices work with the same control box, so if you'd like to start out with pushbuttons for a few dollars you could change to another one later. Actually you could add paddles (for instance) and leave pushbuttons and have them both work for shifting.

Did you make this work with the 96+ better? Or does it still give an error? Then I like the "Arcade Joystick - $60 -" So is the 60 on top of the 130 or... Also, what are the dimensions of that style?

Brett, I have a few questions. If I swapped out my AX-15 for an AW4 (with no tranny controller, so only manual control), I'd want to keep it feeling as much like a manual as possible). Would it be possible to somehow rig up my shifter to work like the joystick you offer (maybe just extend the joystick and put a shifter boot on it?). What about shifting between park, neutral, reverse, and forward with something other than the standard console-mounted shifter? I suppose it'd be possible to swap in a column shifter. I'm not seriously considering this swap for the near future, but it sure is tempting.

kscherokee said:
Did you make this work with the 96+ better? Or does it still give an error? Then I like the "Arcade Joystick - $60 -" So is the 60 on top of the 130 or... Also, what are the dimensions of that style?
It works (functionality) absolutely flawlessly with the 97+, but the CE light is an unavoidable issue. If people were willing to pay significantly more I could probably find a way to deal with it (I've tried every simple method), but I'm guessing they won't.

Mambeu said:
Brett, I have a few questions. If I swapped out my AX-15 for an AW4 (with no tranny controller, so only manual control), I'd want to keep it feeling as much like a manual as possible). Would it be possible to somehow rig up my shifter to work like the joystick you offer (maybe just extend the joystick and put a shifter boot on it?). What about shifting between park, neutral, reverse, and forward with something other than the standard console-mounted shifter? I suppose it'd be possible to swap in a column shifter. I'm not seriously considering this swap for the near future, but it sure is tempting.
It would certainly be possible to use the joystick shifter with a boot to keep it looking like a 5 speed, but you do still need something to select park, reverse, neutral, etc. Aside from a normal floor shifter, you could install a column shifter or any variety of creative means to actuate the 6 position push/pull cable.

BrettM said:
It works (functionality) absolutely flawlessly with the 97+, but the CE light is an unavoidable issue. If people were willing to pay significantly more I could probably find a way to deal with it (I've tried every simple method), but I'm guessing they won't.

was I correct about the 60 on top of the 130?

kscherokee said:
was I correct about the 60 on top of the 130?
sorry about that, just trying to whip out some answers before heading to bed. yes, $130 is just for the controller and shifters, buttons, LEDs etc are added to that. without a ruler handy, I'd guess the dimensions of the joystick at 4"x3" for the face plate, 3.5" mounting depth, and the knob sticking up about 3".

Just a random question:

Is this the coolest and best invention EVER for the XJ?

I think I know the answer...

88JeepXJ said:
Just a random question:

Is this the coolest and best invention EVER for the XJ?

I think I know the answer...
That would be the Sawzall.
The AW shifters are just extremely innovative, inexpensive, and easy to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back