• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

highway/city mileage

5bucks

NAXJA Forum User
Was wondering if a huge difference in highway/city mileage is normal. Long interstate trip this weekend I did about 21 mi/gal. in 1999 XJ. 400 miles to needle on "E" red line. Was doing 74mph for the majority of the trip. In the city, I get about 240 miles on a tank so maybe 13-14 mpg. Is this normal. My city driving really isn't all that stop and go and I'm not jumping on it at all.

I've only had my '98 two weeks, but I see a huge difference like that. In the city, around 15, all interstate (speed doesn't seem to matter) around 22.

5bucks said:
Was wondering if a huge difference in highway/city mileage is normal. Long interstate trip this weekend I did about 21 mi/gal. in 1999 XJ. 400 miles to needle on "E" red line. Was doing 74mph for the majority of the trip. In the city, I get about 240 miles on a tank so maybe 13-14 mpg. Is this normal. My city driving really isn't all that stop and go and I'm not jumping on it at all.

Yes.

Back