• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Line question

Karlm

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, how hard is it to replace the soft fuel lines going to and from the fuel filter? I notices a small leak around my filter today. I just replaced the filter about a month ago, so I'm focusing on the soft lines. I want to relace them. The short one after the filter is easy enough, but how hard is it to replace the one going back to the gas tank? Thanks for any help.

Not sure what you mean? Have you gotten under there and looked at the hoses?? Being a '96 is not that old yet for age by itself necessitating replacement. We need more details on what you mean more precisely-

It's not difficult -- just need a length of fuel line hose the correct length and a pair of hose clamps and do it. But I agree that a '96 should not need the hoses replaced yet. I'd check more carefully to confirm that the clamps are tight and the hoses pushed all the way onto the filter inlet and outlet.

OK, I got it fixed today. It was lat last night when I looked under there and it lookede like the fuel lines were leaking, but I was wrong. It was the new fuel filter itself. The filter was leaking from the seam between the two halves. I'll have to haul it back to the stealership being that it is only a month old. In the mean time, I slapped a 10 buck auto-zone filter up there and it seems to be doing fine. Thanks for the help guys. I also thought that '96 was to easly to be having cracked lines but yu never know.

New Question here:

1994 stock XJ with fuel injection.
I went to napa today for a new fuel filter, and picked up replacement rubber fuel hoses to go with it. The counter guy gave me 20 psi hose; this doesn't seem right.

Where can I find the proper specifications for getting the correct replacement hose here? What's the minimum psi rating?

Thanks.

Back