• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer Case Skid Bolts

M8x1.25, but you will also need the OEM nut inserts, or nutserts. These buggers pop into the pre-existing holes in the frame rail and allow you to bolt the skid up.

Good luck

You need nutcerts (aka rivnuts), I tried explaining what I needed to my local Jeep dealership but they never could find the part. I ended up finding them at my local nuts and bolts place.

If you are lucky you can knock them out with a punch or chisel [the old nuts ,that is]. I wasted my x-member & the replacment didn't have the nutserts, but I was able to slip nuts thru the holes for the mount using the old masking tape around the nut trick with an offset box wrench. It was a pita but it beat going to town for riv-nuts. What ever you do, DON'T put the bolts down through the crossmember even though it'll be easier. After you flatten the end of the bolt into the nut it'll take a cold chisel to remove your skid plate.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the part number for the OEM nutsert that is used in this application (T/C Skid)?

Back