• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 axle seal

heeperman

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have searched and read all the post i can find on the subject, I need to replace the drivers side axle seal, is it possible to just tap a new one in from inside the carrier? was just thinking about placeing the seal in position, using an appropriate socket and a small hammer. Any ideas on this?

The factory manual specifies an expanding turnbuckle tool with fitted disks on the end of it, to push the seals in from inside the housing. It's possible you could even fabricate one yourself, but I don't see a reason why you couldn't do this with a hammer and big socket if you're careful.

Well I am going to try it and let everyone know how it turns out......................no just got to wait for the boss to leave so I can disappear for the day, and spent some quality time under my ride for the afternoon!

Back