• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im losing power captain!!!!

JEEPTUBE

NAXJA Forum User
Well, for a year now that i have had my 97 xj sport, it has been eating batteries. In the morning u can definately tell when starting. And if i leave the door open for more than 10 minutes it will drain it so bad that i cant even start it. I HAVE replaced my Alternator and it is running perfectly and keeps the battery charged. But still does the same thing. Im losing battery power!!!!
I am going to start from the battery to the back of the xj to see what might be draining it in this mystery.

I lost my Owners manual and the chiltons doesnt show me shit.

Where can i find the INSIDE fuse diagram for a 1997 cherokee sport?

Do you need the PDC underhood, or the fuse panel under the dash?

Also, do you have an ammeter? A decent DMM will have a 10A circuit as well, and I'd hook that up in series with the battery (KEY OFF AND OUT!) and just go through things that might be "on" until you get a current drop. Either pull fuses, or pull relays in the PDC, or pull smaller fuses in the PDC.

I'm inclined to think KEY OFF draw should be about 1/4ADC (can anyone confirm this?) but I haven't had to check in a while, and I've got all RENIX rigs - so my numbers wouldn't mean anything to you.

I do, however, have a 1997 FSM handy, and there should be labelling directly on the fuse block, and on the PDC cover as well...

5-90

I need a diagram for the one inside the cab on the passenger side. They moved them in 97 i guess. When i took the panel off it didnt have any explaination as to what fuses did what and said refer to owners manual. :cry:

Back