• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hose under carpet in passenger footwell

Timber

NAXJA Forum User
Where does the hose (that's under the passenger's side carpet) come from/go? 1999, 4.0L, with A/C. I've read the threads related to water in the passenger's footwell, but none seem to describe this particular hose. I know about the short hose that empties into the lower engine compartment (just above the starter), but this isn't it. It goes behind the trim in front of the fuse panel and joins a wire bundle that runs under the lower door trim. I didn't follow it past that. I also can't find it mentioned in the 2000 FSM, but maybe I used incorrect search terms. Could it be a breather hose?
IMG_0193.jpg

Really?! When I wrote earlier that I thought it's on the driver's side, I wasn't sure (that's why I wrote "I think"), but it seems totally illogical to have it go across the the firewall to the back. Well, gotta love Jeeps, I guess. Now to find the source of the water in the footwell. Thanks, guys.

Just an update: it's definitely the hose for the rear wiper. I turned it on and held the hose. I could feel the fluid pumping through it. Thanks again, guys (sorry I doubted you, 87Manche).

Back