• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats Next

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here we go. Based on the following Mods I currently have what would you do next with $1000-$1500?

I currently have a 3 inch superlift(AAL Rear), .75" spacers with stock spacer, 1.75" Shackles, winch bumper, front skid, Swaybar disconnects, Tcase Drop, Tcase Skid, Fuel Tank Skid, No rear sway bar, 3" lift LCA's, 31 BFG ATS, 15x8 steel rims, backspace unknown but no rubbing, Stock D30/D35 3.55 gears stock NP242.

What I am thinking. Sell 3" lift buy 4.5"lift with full spring packs. Keep the 1.75" shackles, and .75" spacers with 1 stock spacer on top and bottom of it to total around 6"

Go to 4.11 gears

Front and rear Aussie Lockers

SYE and Shaft.

And whatever IF ANY money is left goes to the Wife!!

Any thoughts on this. Good Idea? Crap? Let me know your opinians! Thanks all in advance

Forgot to mention.....OF Corse Rock Rails are on the way....as soon as AJ is feeling better....well lets hear it

If you're lifting to about 6" and already have 31" tires you might as well regear to 4.56 cause before you know it you'll be sitting on 32" or 33" rubber and will be rather unhappy with the 4.11's

Kejtar

I'm thinking either a real t-case skid and rock rails (as you mentioned),or front and rear EZ Lockers. Heck,for $1000 you can do all the above! :D This will give you the most bang for the buck. Locked F&R you'll be able to take it to another level in your off-road adventures,and you'll be able to enjoy a more precise, controlled trail ride.

Id say sye and driveshaft, so the t-case doesnt go BOOM. I am in the same predicament as you are, more lift or sye or gears. I am buying the lift and sye then ordering the driveshaft to get to 6". Already have some 33's.

Ok so I may go with the 4.56's instead then. What woud be a fair or average price for install of gears and lockers front and rear, this is out of my skill level. I think for now I'm gonna keep my current lift, go with the Rock Rails, Front/Rear Lockers, 4.56 gears, SYE and Shaft. Being a NP242 I can get the Hack and Tap and shaft reasonably priced.
Pending on remaining cash I'll go with the 4.5" lift put me up to 6". By then I will be due for new tires anyway and when I do it i will go with 33's. anyone else have opinians keep them coming. Thanks

Back