• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolts for rear leaf springs

hello first post

im looking for some places that carry the bolts that connect the rear leaf springs to the frame.
i looked at some local hardware stores and didnt see anything close. does anyone know if theses are even avaiable locally? or do i have to special order them?
The reason im looknig for them is becuse i had to cut one up to get it out when installing my lift for my cherokee and also is the nut that is welded to the pocket/frame thing is that the same size as the bolt or bigger mines kinda not together anymore :yap:

i got a 90 cherokee laredo curently installing a 4.5 RE lift and its been about a week too since its all rusted together and have been runing various places for things

them bolts are one of the few things i will ONLY get from the Jeep Stealership

A grade 10.9 M14 the right length is all you need. I hate the Jeep OEM NUTS as they are the deformed thread nuts and are a ROYAL PITA to put on and get torqued correctly in many cases. Grade 8.8 (metric) is not strong enough. You really need 10.9 I use NYLOCK nuts instead.

You talking about the front leaf welded nut or the rear upper shackle welded nut? They don't need replacing unless they are destroyed.

No offense but with your experience, replacing those is NOT somewhere you want to go. You don't end up replacing them. You "reengineer your frame mounting points."

So to speak.

im talking about the front leaf when i was taking the bolt out the sleve rusted to the bolt and knocked it out of the welds i got it out but was wondering if it needs to bewelded back in

so i called around a couple places that carry bolts and stuff they said ids probobaly have to go to the dealer they said they dont have anything like it

I have an extra set(I pulled a set of leafs off of an XJ in a junk yard) I have a full set of hardware.

Back