• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Gap Adjustment

Runnin'OnEmpty

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I finally got the gaps evened out on my 96 hood by adjusting the hinges, but now the driver's side latch wants to drag on the striker bar. I understand the striker bolts are accessable after the headlight assembly is removed?

Are the bolt holes elongated enough to move the striker to the left/right for adjustment?

Thanks,
ROE

The striker bolts are indeed accessed by removing the headlight and bucket. It takes a 13mm socket and a 3" and 6" extension to loosen the 2 bolts, and after that the striker can be moved about 3/8" or so. My hood gaps are now even, and an added benefit is that the hood release works smoother.

This is also a good way to get the hood open if you break the release cable. Just remove the headlights and buckets, and remove the striker bolts all the way to release the hood.

Back