• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was AMC's color?

feerocknok

NAXJA Forum User
There's Ford Blue, Chrysler Blue, Chevrolet Orange, and all that stuff. What did AMC have?

I need paint for my block, valve cover, oil pan and what not, but would like to know what AMC's color is, since it's a 2.5.

i bought a can of "AMC blue" from Eastwood and this is what it looked like:

engine007.jpg

sorta turquoise? :dunno:

cbremer said:
i bought a can of "AMC blue" from Eastwood and this is what it looked like:

engine007.jpg

sorta turquoise? :dunno:
Uh, uh.

I've been messin' with AMC vehicles since before there even was an AMC (I started with Hudsons). That color, unless the photo distorted it big time, is way too bright. The AMC engine blue was a metallic medium blue that might best be described as leaning a bit toward teal. It certainly wasn't a bright BLUE like in that photo.

Eagle said:
Uh, uh.

I've been messin' with AMC vehicles since before there even was an AMC (I started with Hudsons). That color, unless the photo distorted it big time, is way too bright. The AMC engine blue was a metallic medium blue that might best be described as leaning a bit toward teal. It certainly wasn't a bright BLUE like in that photo.

Yeah - I seem to recall AMC blue being a little more dark and having a touch more green to it - but that colour sure is purtyful!

Eastwood, y'say?

5-90

The chart says late models are black???

I vote for Daytona yellow. I can see the oil dripping off the pan easier.

feerocknok said:
There's Ford Blue, Chrysler Blue, Chevrolet Orange, and all that stuff. What did AMC have?

I need paint for my block, valve cover, oil pan and what not, but would like to know what AMC's color is, since it's a 2.5.

84 up AMC XJ's were black. I had an 84 4 cyl, & have an 87, 89, & two 90's with 6 cyl and all were black.

Back