• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water in foot well !!

tag

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

i found wet patch under mat drivers side footwell !! checked under all other mats bone dry, also checked under car for holes or rot but it's like brand new, had a feel around the bulkhead area carpet incase it's running down under carpet but nothing! . it rained last night and it seems a little worse, only thing i can think of is door seal but it looks ok no wet areas any ideas. 2.5 1997 cherokee...........thanx

door seal, windshield, grommet in the firewall, plugged drain in the wiper cowl.
Only way to tell for sure is to have someone hose it down while you feel inside. You can use talcum powder to trace the water, but it's messy.

thanx for the advice, funny you should mention wiper cowl, i was using the screen wash quite a lot the other day!! and rain would take the same route mmm!!! i'll have to check for a blockage!!......

update!

found leak !! rear washer pipe had come apart at joint behind trim near fuse box flooding footwell, also found reason why remote lock would not work on drivers door , plug not in properly on fuse block! two birds with one stone!!!!!!!!!!!!! just need to dry everything out..............cya

Back