• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much do Dana 44's usually go for

anywhere from 100, to the higest ive heard of, 500. got mine for 350, needed brakes and drums

complete drum-drum should bring around $300 -$350.. depends on where you are, how bad the buyer wants it, and what the axle needs to be run.... are you looking to sell it or buy it?? new brake drums are $60 - $90 each depending where you get them. use that as a bargaining tool if your buying..

Thanks. Well I already bought it now and just wanted to see what kind of deal I got or could might get if I just turned around and sold it. I think I am going to do a disk brake conversion off of a grand cherokee. I got it for $350. Here at the local 4X4 shop they told me they are very hard to find and go usually for $600.

Guys I know this is a dumb question I never got to understand the tech of Axles.
all I know is I saw yesterday at the Jeep scrap yard a Dana 44 axle housing
empty from the inside and no brakes or diff cover. I know that I can get it around 50 $. I have a Chrysler 8.25 I dont know what gearing is in it. Is this axle useful and what do I need to restore it and bolt it on.
BTW I have a 94 XJ auto HO 4WD NP231

karim_gabra said:
Guys I know this is a dumb question I never got to understand the tech of Axles.
all I know is I saw yesterday at the Jeep scrap yard a Dana 44 axle housing
empty from the inside and no brakes or diff cover. I know that I can get it around 50 $. I have a Chrysler 8.25 I dont know what gearing is in it. Is this axle useful and what do I need to restore it and bolt it on.
BTW I have a 94 XJ auto HO 4WD NP231

No need to post the same question in two threads... :paperwork !!!1
See here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89027

Back