• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rattlesnakecyn/hrtbrk ridge/johnb/holcomb/dishpan run 4 xXjx's bday june 24-25

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
wow i tries to abbrv. as much as i could in that title......

well my never ending quest to just have a jeep with 4wd that i can drive to work in everyonce in a while and take on the trails has been plagueing me for the past 6 months. after a broken r&p and bent carrier its back together again for its 2nd run, this weekend me and a bunch of guys from the yucca valley/29 palms area are running from rattlesnake canyon up heartbreak ridge into big bear to do holcomb creek, john bull and dishpan/deep creek and whatever else gets in our way. i met like 5 guys with well built xjs in yucca that had never heard of NAXJA! so come meet em......

anyways id like to meet some of yous guys and have a good ole time for my special day so plans are not concrete as far as trails/camping and whatnot but id like to camp somewhere up in big bear mabey run down the backside on the highway and go to JV and hit up clawhammer. so someone come and see my cursed jeep before its untrailworthy yet again lol.......

heres the jeep in action......okay total poser pic......well it was a perfect spot to readjust my t case linkage and take a break. okay whatever here it is. 89 4.0 with lockrites front n rear, way too much lift, 36" swampers, broken rear shockhoop (on my to do list) 3/16 sleeved framerails, drop brackets, 4.88s, a bunch of other crap, work in progress im just happy to be able to wheel it every once in a while....

Bent said:
LMAO!! Hey man, this is the internet.

:D

Well posting a time and place and occasion to wheel seems to work for everyone else....

xXJx said:
Well posting a time and place and occasion to wheel seems to work for everyone else....

...but not very well.

I'll see what I can do about making it, JV at 111° sounds like the hot ticket.

:sunshine:

TIM

Bent said:
...but not very well.

I'll see what I can do about making it, JV at 111° sounds like the hot ticket.

:sunshine:

TIM

But its DRY heat I was in redlands this weekend and it was muggy and humid when I got back to 29 it was hotter by temperature but felt cooler no humidity. Big bears nice n cool though......

Its F'n hot out in the Dez right now!
Keep to the mountains and you'll be alright.
I'd at least think about taking you up on your invite, but....:D
Saturday is the opening of my bud's off-road shop in Indio, and
Sunday is my 23rd anniversary!
I might be a bit worn out for any wheelin'!! :rof:
Rick R:sunshine:

Jump This said:
Its F'n hot out in the Dez right now!
Keep to the mountains and you'll be alright.
I'd at least think about taking you up on your invite, but....:D
Saturday is the opening of my bud's off-road shop in Indio, and
Sunday is my 23rd anniversary!
I might be a bit worn out for any wheelin'!! :rof:

Where is borrego springs in relationship to indio/ the deuce nizzle???

How much stuff is gonna be there at his shop? Any fab work? Cause I need some rock sliders asap

His shop is in Indio, the Coachella Valley, Palm Springs area.
Borrego Springs is about 60mi. south of Indio.
I don't think he will be doing much custom fabrication work, but he could
order you a set of sliders!

xXJx said:
But its DRY heat I was in redlands this weekend and it was muggy and humid when I got back to 29 it was hotter by temperature but felt cooler no humidity. Big bears nice n cool though......

Hell dry heat, wet heat, HEAT heat..... :confused1 the time has come to hybernate....I'm a Desert Rat....... been here all my life..... look for higher elevation & shade from the trees..... come to the desert in the fall.
Curt
P.S. It's 90+ deg. right now at 2330 hrs. :shocked: Summer doesn't even start till Wed. yea....

I'm not going to be able to make this one. The oldest boy has a motocross race Saturday, I've been informed that I'm 'sposed to be there. This sort of mindset started with little league, he's now 28; when do they out grow it? The worse part of it is that now he's got Ethan wanting to do it too! :twak:

Xtreme XJ said:
Happy Birthday though......
Curt

Thanks.

Come on I know its rare that we find the time to actually not be on our computers and to go wheel where its cool (big bear not jv) I don't even wanna be up on the trails all alone singin and eating cake....

Happy birthday to me..

Bent said:
I'm not going to be able to make this one. The oldest boy has a motocross race Saturday, I've been informed that I'm 'sposed to be there. This sort of mindset started with little league, he's now 28; when do they out grow it? The worse part of it is that now he's got Ethan wanting to do it too! :twak:
So tell me where he is racing, I never could get the motocross virus out of my system and maybe a 'fix' might help me out1
Rick R (in my moto-X days I was known as T'Rick) :D

DUDE !!! you left yourself open......
No I'm not gonna.....
O.K. I will....
Jump This said:
(in my moto-X days I was known as T'Rick) :D
AKA P'Rick :laugh: :kissyou:
Forgive me......
See Ya !
Curt

Jump This said:
So tell me where he is racing, I never could get the motocross virus out of my system and maybe a 'fix' might help me out1
Rick R (in my moto-X days I was known as T'Rick) :D

Parris this time. A few weeks ago it was Cahuilla. I know Glen Hellen and a track in Hemet are also on the curcuit, maaaaaybe Elsinore IIRC. It's amature, strictly for fun, I was even thinking about giving it a whirl. They have all the way up to a pro class, LOL! The boys told me McGraff ran the pro class out at Cahuilla while they were there.

Back