• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 242 JHDC

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here's some pictures of the inside parts.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

More photos and descriptions here http://www.fototime.com/inv/EA5F034F3F641BC

What does JHDC stand for? Looks like a 6-planet gear set... is this the heavy duty one from the Hummer? Details please!

It's actually a hybrid setup I built. I started with several 242 AMG's plus one and misc parts of a 242 J. Since the AMG t-case does not have 2wd I used the necessary parts from a Jeep to make it so. I kept as much of the AMG as possible for strength reasons (t-case cooler, big shaft, big chain/gears, 6 planetary low range, and other misc better parts). The photo album link I posted above has some descriptions of the parts shown.

The easiest thing to do would be to get a V-8 Durango 242 D or a 4.7L Grand Cherokee 242 WJ but either way you will need to figure out how to make the speedo work as these t-cases do not have a gear driven sensor in them like the XJ. I am going to deal with this later.

Back