• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing interior trim.

2000Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
i went out a few days ago to start removing the trim so i can replace the weather stripping on the passenger door. but i cannot figure out how to remove the trim. each peice over laps so i cant get a paice off. i know its a stupid question but any help would be apreciated

ok
1) remove phillips head srews, I think there on 3 under the arm rest, 1 behind the door handle and maybe one up by the mirror
2) get this tool http://www.cardomain.com/item/SOU87650 or something like it to help pop the little clips that hold the panel to the door
3) there are 9 or 10 clips, you have to pry the panel away from the door to get the tool between the door and the panel, after you get all the clips popped out of the door
4) BE CAREFUL, pull the panel upward toward the top of the door, there are wires attached all over so don't pull to hard
5) remove the 2 metal rods from their plastic clips
6) unplug the power to the window and the lock

that should be just about it, I don't think I left anything out, let me know if you need anymore info

it's gonna be much much easier to remove some dash pieces first

on the driver's side: the plastic under the steering wheel, the metal plate beneath that, and you'll have to pop up part of the flat dash piece that runs lengthwise on the top (held in with clips, just pull upward)

passenger's side: glovebox, pop up the flat top dash piece

i can't remember whether or not i popped out the plastic pieces holding the vents, i remember removing some screws around them though.......but after that, the A-pillar and B-pillar trim are just held in with metal clips. The problem is that you have to yank on them pretty hard to pull them out, chances are you'll break at least one......don't forget to remove the "oh shit" bars first too on the rear/passenger seats

Back