• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MPG Federal Equipped

ricko70

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all- I have a 92, I6, Auto trans 3" lift and 30" tires and Federal emissions (no
egr
)
I checked my mileage yesterday and it got 12 mpg all city, easy driving.
I was wondering if anyone here has a federal Jeep and what kind of mileage they are getting?
It may be - It is what it is-???? Thanks --Rick
erg
Egor
Gr
gr
egg
Edit...
Ignore all
Add to dictionary

Mambeu said:
What exactly makes your Jeep a 'federal Jeep'? No 4.0 had an EGR valve after the 1990 model year.

Minor software you wouldn't notice. And generally the EGR equipped 87-90 get slightly better mileage. My 88 with 4.88's and 35's can get 18 mpg at times.

MJR said:
Minor software you wouldn't notice. And generally the EGR equipped 87-90 get slightly better mileage. My 88 with 4.88's and 35's can get 18 mpg at times.

hmm, damn I wish I got 18. I'm lucky to get 12 combo with my 89 4.56s and 33s. But mine is probably more falling apart then yours.

mikedashg said:
hmm, damn I wish I got 18. I'm lucky to get 12 combo with my 89 4.56s and 33s. But mine is probably more falling apart then yours.

Hell I towed a trailer to Moab with the bike on it (about 750 lbs) with lots of skinny pedal used and still got 13 mpg.

MJR said:
Hell I towed a trailer to Moab with the bike on it (about 750 lbs) with lots of skinny pedal used and still got 13 mpg.

4.88's, 3/4 ton drivelline, and a 4.6 stroker. I get 17-18 on the flat, Valley sections of I-5 running at 2,750 RPMS.

huh, OK, so I'm clueless. What's the list of things I should do to get that kinda mileage? No comments on the safari rack, or all the crap I carry.

mikedashg said:
huh, OK, so I'm clueless. What's the list of things I should do to get that kinda mileage? No comments on the safari rack, or all the crap I carry.

Drive like Granny.

Back