• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oem winch carrier

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking for a oem winch carrier
or
pic's of the setup
or
plans to make one

i want to make one or buy one if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated

THANKS
pete

Did bryanc ever do the drawings he was talking about ? I kind of like that bumper one that goes behind the stock bumper that someone posted in the bumper thread down a bit futher...

RichP said:
Did bryanc ever do the drawings he was talking about ? I kind of like that bumper one that goes behind the stock bumper that someone posted in the bumper thread down a bit futher...

Timbers Ramsey instructions look educational.

I went to the dealer and all he could show me was a listing of brackets, so here is what I did. http://www.madcitycherokee.org/projects/winchadapterplans.pdf.
My first one was actually done in 2001 on my 86', but I didn't write it up until 03'.
The plans have been on MadXJ for years, but under the "file" section of the Group.

Ron

Word of caution I had my winch fail and some research by someone on here discovered that there was a winch that was desighned to work with this mount system.

i want to keep my truck looking factory or a factory option so the backbone is out but is a great looking product

has anyone made a aftermarket item similar to the factory one

i have done some searching and have found only certian winches operate with this system

To my knowledge, the Ramsey intended for the XJ kit was the only winch rated by the manufacturer to allow pulls with the feet oriented vertically. Others seem to factor in the strength of the four mounting bolts in shear when designing their mounts.

Timber said:
To my knowledge, the Ramsey intended for the XJ kit was the only winch rated by the manufacturer to allow pulls with the feet oriented vertically. Others seem to factor in the strength of the four mounting bolts in shear when designing their mounts.
Yes or to pull to the feet. Which is how I would do it if I were to do it again.

Hey FitchVA, You got mail

Jeff

Back