• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Oil Cap

mrfoo

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 4.0 and I went to change the oil since I had a few minutes of free time and my freakin oil cap screwed off from the part that is threaded with the engine block. It appears the gears chewed themselves up. Anyway I am going to get one from a junkyard tommorow but just wanted to know if there is anything special I should do to take it off the remaining part on the engine. It is not badly damaged, I will just try to use pliers to take it off. Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Take the top rachet part and epoxy it to the bottom threaded part, it won't ratchet after that but it will be removable :D :D

If you have one of these, it fits perfectly into the splines of the cap bottom. Then just use a pliers to grab it and turn. Obviously be careful to grab it as close to the base as possible - particularly if you don't have a spare ...

icon10.gif
who doesnt do it like this

skyjackedxj96 said:
icon10.gif
who doesnt do it like this

I don't, mines epoxied....I also tried a honda billet cap that AA has in the ricer section of speed equipment alonside the billet pedal covers and led wiper washers but it's just a tad short and only catches about 2 threads...

Back