• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to cover when washing an XJ? (Interior, engine and underside)

After wheeling doorless at NAC-fest last weekend, and three times finding mud deep enough to flow over the doorsills into my (luckily) Herculined interior, the XJ is dirty inside and out.

If I want to pressure-wash (or maybe just hose down) the entire thing, interior, underside, and engine compartment, what should I wrap in plastic beforehand? I'm thinking that I'll cover the whole dash, and driver's side footwell (fuse block, ecu), the alternator, the distributor, and I don't know what else. Should I worry about anything under the Jeep, like the fuel pump?

Any insight is appreciated.

i was told the computer was coated with silicone so it could get wet. cover up the tps censor on the back of the throttle body before you spary cuz they go bad real easy when they get wet... i kno first hand but that and the distributor for the engine cover them

Back