• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Fuel Pump Leaks

XJ20

It's no big deal
My new Airtex fuel module leaks around the electrical feed-through after my install. No leaks were found after filling the tank to half full and visually checking for leaks after test driving. Then I filled the tank completely and it leaks very badly until the tank is two gallons down. Then it just seeps all around the feed-through continually and is slowing as the gas level goes down. One search says this is a common problem, that’s all I found.

Is there a common defect in Airtex modules as to some other brand? I don’t really want to replace it again with another Airtex and I can’t find any other brand fuel module. I have my original Bosch but I needed to replace the entire unit because the pump went out and the gas gauge didn’t work properly. Should I try and find replacement parts for the Bosch or get another brand or just another Airtex? Thanks.
tipshades.gif

Back