• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended Idle Switch

ihscoutlover

NAXJA Forum User
My FD has two '94 XJ's as service vehicles. My Aux PD has a 97-01 year XJ as a support vehicle. All of them have an Extended Idle switch. What does this switch do or I should say what is its purpose? Is there a way to put this into mine-just a standard Sport model? Thanks

Jeff

it raises the idle a little so that the alternator and waterpump output more when sitting for long periods of time. its common on Police models. I've seen it discussed many times, and I think you can wire it up in other models but I don't remember for sure, do a little searching and you'll find the answer.

Is this an option that I could wire into my '94. I am a volunteer FF and I am planning a lightbar install, since our FD's two '94s also have lightbars, I am considering going with the extended idle switch. What do I need to make this work in my '94--4.0 AW4 Sport? Thanks

Jeff

ihscoutlover said:
Is this an option that I could wire into my '94. I am a volunteer FF and I am planning a lightbar install, since our FD's two '94s also have lightbars, I am considering going with the extended idle switch. What do I need to make this work in my '94--4.0 AW4 Sport? Thanks

Jeff
Do a search there is a huge thread with pictures and diagrams.

John, I went through the threads and did a search-all that I found was for the '97 and newer units not the '96 and older ones. Thanks

Jeff

Back