• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper control arm bushing (axel side)

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
I have a sereous death wobble problem and found the upper bushings are basicly gone! I dont have acess to new upper bushings but have some lower bushings I was holding on to for some reason are they the same as the axel side upeer ones?

They look like they are close to the same size but before I tear things down I would like confermation if possble

Thanks
Dan

I'm going thru this right now. Napa part # ncp 267 1372. $7 a pair.

The trick is actually replacing them, so I hear.

Aaron

dzraces said:
I have a sereous death wobble problem and found the upper bushings are basicly gone! I dont have acess to new upper bushings but have some lower bushings I was holding on to for some reason are they the same as the axel side upeer ones?

They look like they are close to the same size but before I tear things down I would like confermation if possble

Thanks
Dan
You can get UCA bushings from NAPA, Autozone or Kragen. If they can't find them for your year, try a year older rig... and a year older and so on. AFAIK all XJ D30 UCA bushings are identical.

dzraces said:
thanks guys

I was trying to avoid the parts run if possible since in podunk they are all closed till monday but i guess ill wait till then
LCA bushings are bigger.... but if you need a set in a pinch, do you have a set of spare/old UCA's? IIRC the frame end bushing is the same size as axle end (but it has to be UCA as LCA is bigger).

sorry to bring this old thread up but does anyone have a part number for autozone, they cant seem to find them.

i also called napa with the part number but they want $9-$10/each not $7-$8/pair. Does that sound right?

dan4g63 said:
sorry to bring this old thread up but does anyone have a part number for autozone, they cant seem to find them.

i also called napa with the part number but they want $9-$10/each not $7-$8/pair. Does that sound right?
Last time I got them from NAPA they thought it 's $9~10 each and it turned out to be a box holding 2. YMMV though.

Weird, they charged me ~$10 each. Well that was the easy part the hard part was putting them in but after a day I have new bushing in all the control arms. Not looking forward to every do this again.

I'm about to attempt this job, do I need the special tool?? Or can I tap them out and new ones in with a hammer??? A big C-Clamp and sockets??

Or do I have to run down and rent the special tool that is the massive C-Clamp and special socket designed just for this.

IIRC, I used a hammer to get the old ones out. I also used a punch and worked my way around it until it came out.Don't for get the PB Blaster. Once out, I used emery cloth to clean up the inside of the empty mount. Lots of icky-pucky lube and a BFH, it was in good and tight. Wasn't too awfully bad.

HTH

Hale

FWIW, I just bought some LCA bushings at NAPA last week, 18 bucks for a box of two ( I thought I was getting the good guy price!) I went to Schucks because they said they had the UCA bushings in stock for $4.50 each. Guy brought out two boxes that had LCA bushings in them. They had the same clevite stamping and numbers on the bushings as my NAPA ones. and were only 9 bucks for the pair. I had a hell of a time getting my bushings out of my RE Arms. I ended up grinding down an old bearing race I had laying around and using the 20 ton press in our shop.

Back