• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home safe post

A little hot still, and sweaty. But I'm home.

Roads said:
Made it back in one peice. However, I think my steering box would say different.

Along with getting home safe... What's the damage report on rigs? When I left there were two tires and one windshield down. :D Any more from Sundays run?

IXNAYXJ broke the passenger side front axle u-joint, and removed the shaft.

I bumped into Sniggs, but it was only a love tap, just a little bit of plastic flex. Sorry to ECKSJAY for almost crushing his lower body. :\

pdxxjnoob said:
I bumped into Sniggs, but it was only a love tap, just a little bit of plastic flex. Sorry to ECKSJAY for almost crushing his lower body. :\

I think my lower body is still intact. I'm going to have it inspected tonight. ;)

Thanks for showing us around, guys.

I over heated. Surprise Surprise an XJ over heated. Other then that I think everything still works correctly.

Oh and Melissa is ok for anyone wondering. She may have a pretty good bruise, but other then that I think she'll be fine.

Avanteone said:
HOPEFULLY he just removed the INNER shaft and left the outer stub holding the bearing together...

J

I made sure they put at least the broken stub in it, torqued to hold that bearing together. And to clarify, it wasn't just the ujoint, it was both inner and outer too.

Avanteone said:
HOPEFULLY he just removed the INNER shaft and left the outer stub holding the bearing together...

J

He did. Ecksjay suggested he do that.

Damn, you guys are like hawks!

It was cool though, because PoSxJ was explaining how to change a shaft on Saturday and then on sunday I got to see it.

Who changed it? wow that sounds like fun:D

It took me 30min of blowing out mine to get all that dirt,from being in the rear.

Lots of fun:sunshine:

Last edited:
Back