• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Retrieving Diagnostic codes

P

Poppinblock

I have a 2001xj and I recently drove from Washington to Oklahoma and along the way my engine light came on and I have been trying to extract the diagnostic codes ever since.

I have been able to get some test to run by holding the trip reset button down and toggling between on and off three or four times, but at the end it just shows my milage, and no codes.

Has anyone ever gotten the codes from a 2001 without a reader.

I tried seaching the forums, but to no avail for this, just the method as I explained, but I'm still not getting the numbers.

Any clues?

As far as I know, there is no other way to retrieve the trouble codes without having the scanner. It will provide some insight as to what the codes are and where you could start looking.

Jeff

Well darn, I guess I will submit to not getting them myself.

Thanks for the help, and I think I will be able to figure it out, I have the big service manual so I should be able to look up the causes in there. However, I would be amazed if I didn't have some other issues when trying to fix whatever it says the problem is. Then I'll repost.

thanks agian

Looking for the same issue, mine popped on today on the way to work, I'll hit up auto zone tonight. The search is a great way to find what you need.

Back