• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed rear shackles with deavers?

scottmori

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering what jeepspeed guys are running for shackles with the deavers? i believe the deaver springs are a 4" lift. i have fox remote res shocks thru floor to cage. are you guys just modifing the shackle box?
thanks scott

im pretty sure they run a 1.5" lift shackle... not shure what they do with the rear box mount. I'd plan on some reinforcement there if you're going to be running fast.

we are reinforcing the leaf spring mounts and going to tie them to cage, still in progress, doing a full pictoral write-up on the complete project but it will be a while yet, we have the Deaver pack with RE boomerang style shackles, 1.5" I think, will let you know how it turns out. right now we are still removing ALL the glue that holds the various uni-body panels inside and grinding and welding so it doesn't shake apart at the seams(alot of them!!), as well as all the seams along the inside engine compartment, the fenderwells, etc, they are all barely spot welded/glued and will fail, lots of work but it should be worth it.

Skullvarian said:
we are reinforcing the leaf spring mounts and going to tie them to cage, still in progress, doing a full pictoral write-up on the complete project but it will be a while yet, we have the Deaver pack with RE boomerang style shackles, 1.5" I think, will let you know how it turns out. right now we are still removing ALL the glue that holds the various uni-body panels inside and grinding and welding so it doesn't shake apart at the seams(alot of them!!), as well as all the seams along the inside engine compartment, the fenderwells, etc, they are all barely spot welded/glued and will fail, lots of work but it should be worth it.

do you stitch weld them, or fully weld them?

Back