• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolt wont budge

XjKapp56

NAXJA Forum User
hey i got a bolt on my front bumper that just wont come out i have tried everything i know. i think my uncle tweaked it when he hit a dear, so if u have asuper awesome way to get out super stuborn bolts hepl me out por favor. thanks mucho

hey so i've got a bolt on my front bumpere that just wont come out... its a damn hex head so i cant just wrench it out and ive tried every thing i can think of. im pretty sure it was weaked when a dear became dinner. so if u guys have any super awesome ways to take out one stubborn bolt, help me out please. thanks kapp

Kroil, is the best penetrant oil I know of, thats what we use when we have turbine overhauls, spray it(Liberally) and let it sit overnight. If that wont work, heat is that last and normally best option.

XjKapp56 said:
hey so i've got a bolt on my front bumpere that just wont come out... its a damn hex head so i cant just wrench it out and ive tried every thing i can think of. im pretty sure it was weaked when a dear became dinner. so if u guys have any super awesome ways to take out one stubborn bolt, help me out please. thanks kapp

What a fawk'n mess...

Things I have found to be effective on stubborn bolts I can't get a grip on.

A Vice-Grips.
A cut-off tool.
A drill.
A chissel.

Sawzall the head off and use vice grips to get the rest. Sounds like the bumper is FUBAR anyway, cut the whole damn thing up and off. Buy new bumper mounts, they're cheap on ebay. $6 or $7 bucks.

Step one: cut old bumper off
Step two: order new steel front bumper
Step three: go hunt some o those white tail woods rats...

The only thing I like about those oversized stinger front bumpers is they force the damn things DOWN under the wheels instead of into the grill...

Zuki-Ron said:
What a fawk'n mess...

Things I have found to be effective on stubborn bolts I can't get a grip on.

A Vice-Grips.
A cut-off tool.
A drill.
A chissel.
Those all work well, but nothing is better than a cutting torch :D

Back