• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie locker

RNMedic

NAXJA Member #659
anyone install one yet? looking to get one for the 88 with D35 rear 4:10's and 32's no extreme stuff daily driver and occasional trail stuff. Price is awesome and I don't really need anything more. Pointers opinions. TIA John

A guy over on POR board has one and he commented about it in the general 4x4 discussion area. He really likes it though.

I have it installed in my D44, went in just as easy as a Lock-rite, instructions were good, but not specific to my axle. You might be able to find a used Lock-rite, cheaper than the aussie.

When you order, be prepared to wait. If they don't have it in stock in NY, they have to manufacture it in AU. Fortunately they did not charge my card until I got to the States and I recieved a tracking number.

Been in Europe for a while and I come back and their is talk about a new Aussie Locker from mine own country!
More info please as is the first I have heard of it.

Man- that's VERY interesting-- and cheap, too!
Are their prices in USD?

Thanks for the web link had have asked them a few qusetions including if the prices are USD or AUD. If it is the latter it would make it very cheap as our dollar is only around .57 cents to the dollar so nearly half price!

I ordered one last week for my D30 and prices are in US dollars. Thay are bound to have a distributor in Australia. I would think your price would be better locally since they wont have to ship overseas.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I read on the thread on POR that it is NOT available in Australia. Check the thread in POR's vendor's section to confirm. HTH

Ary

SPOOKY -

Sounds like a great idea putting one of those up front. Keep us posted on your experience with it if you don't mind. From arrival (packaging) to initial take on strength and construction as well as install and use. Very interesting indeed.

i am waiting for the 8.25 29 spline to come out, and i'm going to try one.

yea that's basically what I got out of it. says you need hubs. I guess it doesn't unlock right with the torque going backwards?

Every locker in the world says that just run it and don't use full time-----I might be doing this soon.

Ary'01XJ said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure I read on the thread on POR that it is NOT available in Australia. Check the thread in POR's vendor's section to confirm. HTH

Ary

Yep you are right and that sucks!
I also asked about the fact they list one to suit a D35 with a trac loc which 95% of all XJ's have in Oz but they dont recomend fitting one to a XJ!

Man-- that' freakin' wierd. What logic has them making them in Oz, but not selling them there?

wait a second...did I read that 2nd to the last post right?...The make a Aussie locker for a D35 with a Track-Lock, but it cant be used in a D35 Tracklock Cherokee?!?!?!...Whats the difference?

Renegade Jpr said:
wait a second...did I read that 2nd to the last post right?...The make a Aussie locker for a D35 with a Track-Lock, but it cant be used in a D35 Tracklock Cherokee?!?!?!...Whats the difference?

None that I am aware of so beats me:confused:

Back