• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Radio

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
I searched the forum guys, didn't turn up anything. But I have seen it in here before regarding CB mounting locations.
I want to buy a small CB radio (Midland/Cobra) something small to use on my trips. But its so hard finding a place to mount it.
I was thinking next to the steering column on the right or left side.
Or if possible even mounting it by the 4X4 shift lever. But theres not much room their either.
I just don't want to cut up the dash or anything like that.
Where do you guys have yours?

I have a small CB in my "88. It is mounted on the passenger side of the center console, with the face pointing up. It does not interfere with passengers leg room, and I can easily reach the controls. The mic is mounted in the same area, just rearward of the unit. When not in use, I just loop the mic wire once around the auto shift lever so it stays put. I did have to drill a couple of holes,which I really hated to do, but no cutting... I can provide a pic if needed.

If you mount the bracket to the floor instead of the console itself, you will have no holes visible when you take the equipment out. Use self-tapping 3/8" head bolts.

I have a Radio Shack cb with a digital compass and weather channel that fits perfectly under the dash below the steering column. It's only about 2 inches thick by 7 inches wide. The bracket mounted easily with two screws to the underside of the dash. I think it's the best looking setup i've seen and a good quality radio as well.

Cobra makes a nice little setup where except for a small box everything is built into the handset.
granted the handset is bigger and heavier, but all that is seen is the wire to the box (hidden where ever you like) and the handset itself.
search for cobra's on ebay thats where I got mine and I really like it
check out this site http://www.jeepin.com/features/cobra75/index.asp
for an install of the one I am talking about

he's talking about the cobra 75 st wx radio. I installed it in the center consel and the connector comes out near the top of the e-brake handle hole.
http://www.fototime.com/inv/1A4926CA761ADEA has more pictures

standard

standard

standard

standard

standard

Back