• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I don't want to get DillHoled on U bolts

Jeep Biscuit

NAXJA Member #724
All the mail order suppliers want 35 plus shipping. For friggin U bolts?

Mark WNC said:
Call dexter axle.
They make trailer supplies.

Hew are they? Actyewally..... WHERE are they?

check with a local spring shop

had a set made while I waited and paid $20 for 1/2 dia vs 7/16 complete with hard washers and tall nuts

Can U-bolts ever be re-used?

I've always just used new ones when adding lifts/packs/blocks. Like posts above...I've always just got a spring shop to set me up.

I'm planning on cutting the main leaf from an old XJ pack to BB our '99XJs. Would such a small difference in pack size warrant new u-bolts or can I get away with the old ones? I don't want to cheap out on the $20 cost of new ones if it's a safety issue.

Jeep Biscuit said:
All the mail order suppliers want 35 plus shipping. For friggin U bolts?

Check with shops that do lift kits...they usually have them laying around after taking them off to install the new lift. This is assuming that you want stock ones.

Seems like I got mine at NAPA for approx $6 per U...that'd be $25.50 w/ NC tax.

Sometimes mail-order is a bargain, but for little stuff like U Bolts the shipping can make a good deal into an expensive deal...

Checker/Schucks/Kragen, Autozone, etc should all have Motormite 'HELP!' products, and you can find u-bolts in that selection.

Re: Can U-bolts ever be re-used?

LynchMob said:
I've always just used new ones when adding lifts/packs/blocks. Like posts above...I've always just got a spring shop to set me up.

I'm planning on cutting the main leaf from an old XJ pack to BB our '99XJs. Would such a small difference in pack size warrant new u-bolts or can I get away with the old ones? I don't want to cheap out on the $20 cost of new ones if it's a safety issue.

U-bolts get stretched when you torque them down. It isn't the best idea to reuse them. That being said, I have.

Personally, I hate taking u-bolts off and will torch 'em off and replace them unless I'm experimenting with leafs and taking them off a bunch of times.

Back